Thursday, November 3, 2011

Dressing up






After supper on Monday the conversation turned to the cold weather and Moomin decided to show me his warm Tajik coat. Men wear these in the street now during a period of mourning. The hat on the other hand is worn any day by older Tajik men. 

The youngsters prefer Dolce and Gabbana Beanies. I have heard that the hat pattern represents a crown. It is not very practical in keeping sun off your face neck or ears. And when it rains the Guys wrap a plastic bag over it so it obviously does not stand damp. Crowns are like that I think
.





Apparently I could order myself a whole set of this kit for a bit over 150 dollars. The coat is all hand stitched in fine quilting and the lining is lovely




Anyway I was keen to try it on, including the ornamental sash and very sharp dagger. I think I could audition for the part of
 Blackadder meets Ghengis Kahn.

Or a medieval surgeon


Tajik Tom

1 comment: